Monday, February 14, 2005

Gravity Media Rain66

We're in the process of buying another company, a group of guys that call themselves Gravity Media. We call ourselves MediaRain. I would sort of prefer we call ourselves Rain66. I just think it sounds a little like "Route 66". And let's face it, after Depeche Mode sang their song about that famous road, it's just cool!

So back the original train of thought (that damn train seems to get derailed more than it's on the rail!) about the guys we're buying. There are three owners and managers of "Gravity". They are just cool guys. Dave is a "Movie Star!" Really he's the first one that I've ever known personally. Okay I've MET a lot of movie stars, but really never KNOWN one. Each time I pick up the phone and he's on the other end I feel a little like Brad Pitt answering the phone when Matt Damon's calling. I just feel a little on the cool side! Okay, I guess I would be considered one of those friends that really doesn't ever get in the spotlight, but it's a lot more fun to play the role of Jason Bourne!

The next of the "Three Amigos" is a gent by the name of Delane. He's another suave guy. He's really straight-forward and honest. He tells it like it is. And that's just fun! Let's face it, there's a lot of butt-kissers and "yes men" out there, so it's very refreshing to have someone just say what they're feeling and thinking. And then there's the name, DELANE.... That sounds like another movie star name. Or it might be a designer of fashion clothes. Can't you just imagine watching one of those REALLY annoying PRE-OVERLYSHOWNANDDONEAWARDSHOW shows where they talk to all the stars as they walk the carpet and they ask the sexy woman that Matt Damon is with what she's wearing and she says, it's a DELANE!

Last, but CERTAINLY not least, there's Wayne. Okay, I have to admit, he's sort of the quiet guy in the background, however I really think, and would be pretty hard pressed to be convinced otherwise, that he's the glue of the whole organization. You've got the Movie Star, the Clothing Designer, and then Wayne... He has this sweet goatee that makes him look pretty stylish and tough, but also seems to hide some deep dark secret. I think he might be a secret agent. His watch has this little radio in it that beeps when there's evil in the world and he gets whisked down a secret tube to a waiting jet car and his sexy Tuxedo and British Accent. He goes and saves the world from nuclear bombs in Payson, terrorists in Mosida Orchards, and then rounds out his whirlwind County Saving tour with halting a dastardly plot to implode the famous "Footloose" barn in Lehi.

Although I have to say, I kind of wish Wayne the Super Agent would fail on the last one, cause then there would be a big benefit for the Footloose Lehi Roller Mills building, hosted by Kevin Bacon (Wren), and I could walk down the Red Carpet, and answer questions of Allie McKay of what I was wearing....

It's a Delane!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home