Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rainy Days and Weekdays...

Anyone who grows up in Las Vegas HAS to LOVE it when it rains. And since I am a Las Vegan at heart, I certainly do LOVE the rain. But I still live in the Desert, so why is the weather acting like Seattle? We're going on like a month straight with rain. And it's rained almost every Saturday for a month, so my golf game has been severely neglected.

My grass is growing like a rain forest. I worry about my son wandering out into the yard for fear we might go years before finding him. I envision him getting lost in the grass, and they years later coming out like Robin Williams did in the movie Jumanji. He's wearing a grass skirt, shoes he's fashioned from the rubber hose he found while in the jungle, and knows how to make a delicious garden snake casserole.

Good news (and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here) is that the forecast for this Saturday is sunny and warm. Of course this is a mixed blessing. I WILL go chase that stupid white ball all over the course, get my foul language polished up, and get a sunburn on my forehead and neck. The bad news is, I will have to get up extra early and find my machete so I can clear off the driveway of the grass growing over it.

I guess if I'm lucky, I'll just finish playing golf as the rain clouds roll in so I can use that old excuse of not being able to cut wet grass because it might harm my lawn mower.

Rain Rain Go Away, Come Back after Eighteen Holes on Saturday!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FORE!!!

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home