Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Easter Egg Hunt!!!

Yes, it's truly worth a three (3) exclamation point title!!! About 10 years ago my parents started the Annual Adult Easter Egg Hunt!!! At the time, my siblings and I looked on with no small measure of disgust and embarrasment. Our cynical nature made us think Easter Egg Hunts!!! were only for children. We start in the front of my parents home, walking, nay, sauntering toward the backyard each believing we were going to be finding jelly beans, pink-tinfoil-Hershey Kisses and of course Peeps of assorted colors/hardness/staleness. My sister Angie was the first to find an egg and open it. She exclaimed loud enough for all of us and quite possibly the city of Searchlight, NV to hear, "THERE'S MONEY IN HERE!"

The imprints left by our sneakers/loafers/keds/sandals on the concrete from the instant acceleration was and remains to be pretty impressive. Thousands of years from now archeologists will discover the imprints on the concrete and believe that the discovered and un-earthed Howlett Clan had some sort of catastrophic incident happen necessitating the immediate evacuation of the area.

Now every year the Howlett Clan works out, stretches, trains, and employs the standard psychological warfare against one another, in hopes of finding more eggs and then of course the now famous, GOLDEN EGG!!! (yes, it deserves three exclamation points as well) The Golden Egg!!! contains the Grand Prize of prizes. One year I was lucky enough to come upon the Golden Egg!!! which contained an all-expenses-paid trip to Disneyland!

I can't believe I ever bought into the Easter Bunny thing. That bunny holds NOTHING on my Parents.

And now I've got to go, it's T-Minus 3 days from the Easter Egg Hunt!!! and I've got to workout, stretch, and make a few anonymous threatening phone calls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home