Friday, September 15, 2006

CRIKEY!!!

Almost 2 weeks ago to this moment, I was silently, sleekly, deftly, and casually crusing along, RIGHT ABOVE MANY STINGRAYS!!! To make matters even more exciting, I was reaching out and touching them, grabbing them, and generally enjoying my harrassment of them. In my mind, I was thinking, (with and Australian accent) "Oh Crikey, look at this little beauty! She's just swimming along, probably looking for food or a mate. She's got this little barb right here that would cause quite a lot of pain if stung by it. Gotta stay away from that end!"

Then, I find out, only a couple of short days later, my idol in many ways, my mentor in the handling of many animals, and my Australian accent teacher dies from a barb to the heart from a stingray.

So it begs the question, did I defy death? I'm pretty sure I did. In fact, I think I'm quite a wildlife icon of our time. I'm waiting for calls from the major networks in Australia to fill the void left by the untimely death of our croc-hunting friend.

I'll miss you Steve Irwin. We all will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i read this article about how scientists keep on finding this mangled and mutilated sting ray corpses and how they're all upset about it because people are, like, trying to avenge steve irwin's death or something.
but can you blame them?
i mean, really.

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home