Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Nintendo

When I was 14 I had a Nintendo machine, and I played two games (that's all I had actually, and all I could afford), Super Mario Bro's and Legend of Zelda.

I was good. Real good.

I could actually get several levels on Super Mario Bro's with my eyes closed. I'm not kidding. I would also see how fast I could win the whole game. I'd time myself from beginning to end. I could bang my head against those magic-coin-producing blocks faster than anyone.

I was good. Real good.

Then there was Legend of Zelda. I played that game so long and so hard that I knew every nook and cranny of that board. The night I won the whole thing, it was about 4:30 in the morning, and I finally beat the game. I won. I was the Legend, not Zelda.

I was good. REAL good!

Then, I stopped. I haven't played Nintendo, or any video game really, since then.

I guess you could say I went out on top.

And now, for Christmas, I bought Jacob a little Nintendo Game Boy Advanced. Sure, it was FOR him, but guess who's back? Mario and Luigi. Yep, the Bro's. And in just a short period of time, I've already accomplished much.

I'm good. REAL GOOD!

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

but are you any good?

10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home