Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Like Lance!

I'm officially a spandex-wearing, cool-helmet donning, funky-shoe sporting Lance Armstrong wanna-be! And why wouldn't I want to be like Lance? He's won the Tour de France 7 times, sticks it to the French on a regular basis, kicked cancers butt, dates a hot singer, and is good friends with Robin Williams.

I got a cool new road bike! I've gone on two rides so far and my butt is killing me, my calves are sore, and my thighs feel like jelly. But do I ever look cool! I've got the cool Pearl Izumi outfit, with sweet TekSok socks, and even a cool pair of sunglasses I can swap out the lenses on.

All I need now is a "Live Strong" bracelet (and lose one of the fellas...) and the transformation will be complete!

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

maybe you could start your own elasticky bracelet trend. they could say things like, "if wearing spandex is wrong, i don't want to be right." or "if riding your bike is cool, consider me lance armstrong" or "there's a new lance in town, and that lance is me, except that my name isn't lance, and i've never been to france, and i don't even own a sheryl crow cd."
think of the possibilities.

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Tiff said...

I like the last one. ;)
Glad you've found a new hobbie. Anytime you need to get cooled off, I don't know like by a giant mixing bowl full of water thrown on you, just bike on up to DC.

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home